Wednesday, January 26, 2011
The Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation
PEER HELPER INSTITUTE: How to Begin, Enhance, and Expand your Peer Program.
The institute will give beginning peer program educators an opportunity to learn steps to set up a peer program that follows the NAPPP Programmatic Standards and Ethics; experienced peer program educators will be given an opportunity to learn strategies to enhance and expand their program through learning about different activities. Both groups will connect with peer programs, learn ways to keep the program relevant and exciting, and discover additional service opportunities for their peer helpers. Time will be spent on how to build a team in their organization that supports peer helping, opportunities for trouble-shooting and problem solving, and look at "hot issues" in the peer program field. Break-out sessions will give participants hands on learning about specific topics such as peer mentoring, tutoring, mediation, peer educators, highway traffic safety, and other roles that peers play. At the end of the Institute, all participants will be eligible to become Certified Peer Program Educators through NAPPP, and ongoing peer programs educators will have the opportunity to apply for NAPPP Program Certification Status. Graduate Credit available.
The conference is ideal for School Administrators, School Guidance Counselors, Mental Health Professionals, Public Health Professionals, Social Service Employees, School Resource Officers, Safe and Drug Free Coordinators, At-Risk Coordinators, Church Youth Ministers, Youth Ministers and Pastors, Social Workers, Center-Dispute Resolution Workers and Peer Helper Teachers.
Posted by RS at 10:55 AM
- ► 2015 (12)
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (39)
- Multimedia Reports Handout
- 10 Simple ways to Celebrate No Name-Calling Week i...
- The Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation
- ASCA Tech Issues Survey
- SchoolCounselor.com Must See Videos: Peer Helping ...
- Doodle 4 Google
- Project Photos & Video on Flat Surface
- FirstGiving - Active Minds, Inc. - Active Minds Al...
- SchoolCounselor.com eNew #123
- Amazon.com: Kindle eBooks: Essential Guides from K...
- Handouts from Russ Sabella
- Top 5 Trainings for School Counselors, Administrat...
- Counseling Games from Amazon.com
- Five myths about bullying
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2010 (98)
- ► 2009 (55)
Produced by Sabella & Associates, LLC
Copyright, 2009. All Rights Reserved. Contact Dr. Russell Sabella at firstname.lastname@example.org.